Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Busy Week

It's been a whirlwind week so far here.  The end of last week found us in Montgomery, AL speaking to their Young Farmers Summer Conference.  As always, the young farmer groups that we get to speak to are a lot of fun. The passion for raising food and families in Alabama was very strong in that group and there's no doubt in my mind that we have some great new advocates telling the story of agriculture down there. 

From there I got to present at the Agricultural Media Summit on my use of social media in telling my story.  Getting to meet so many of the people behind the articles I regularly read was certainly a treat.  There were lots of fans of Advocates for Ag there.  It was humbling to hear that so many of these professionals in ag communication were appreciative of our work. 

This morning I had the distinct pleasure of speaking to our local Kiwanis club.  It's always a treat when you get to speak to the hometown folks.  I shared some of my story with them as well as highlight the agenda of anti-agriculture groups like the HSUS and others.  I'm glad to know that everytime I get the chance to do this that there are a few less people in the world that will ever donate to them. 

I have to quickly pack a bag and then head for Mitchell, SD.  This evening we are presenting at a beef production workshop.  It will be great to see some good friends of ours in the cattle business there. 

After this week is over though the real work will start.  Spring wheat harvest should get rolling next week and that will be the priority for me.  Food production should be a priority for every human being but unfortunately that's not the case.  That's why it is so important that those of us in agriculture are not only growing food but also telling people where it comes from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment